Committee Representatives:Administration Bldg. - Lisa Anne Foglia
Bowne Munro - available
Central - available
Chittick - Veronica Schreyer
Frost - Kathy Kowal
Irwin - available
Lawrence Brook - Maryann Hyatt
Memorial - Dot Demetor
Warnsdorfer - available
Hammarskjold - Margaret Gilson-Coy
High School - Ellen Gieser
Meetings: quarterly (more frequent if needed). See calendar for meeting dates.
Representatives attend meetings and address concerns from their buildings related to member benefits. Reps provide information to members as needed and can assist members with concerns and issues related to their health and membership benefits.
HEALTH INSURANCE - Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
Arthur J. Gallagher & Company (formerly GR Murray) - assists employees with unresolved Horizon issues. Keep a track of the progress of your issue by using this helpful form: Steps To Follow To Resolve Health Insurance Claims.
When you enroll in HorizonbFit you become eligible to receive $20 reimbursement every month you visit a participating fitness facility 12 times or more in a month.
Mobile App Now Available for HorizonbFit Program Members
Additional Resources for Horizon BCBS
Know Your Care Options - when you need care in a hurry, an Emergency Room (ER) may not be the best choice.
Save Money With In-Network Care - Yes, you can save money with in-network doctors and facilities.
Online Doctor & Hospital Finder - Finding the doctor that is right for you.
VISION INSURANCE - VSP. You will need to establish an account to take advantage of the benefits entitled to you.
Hearing Progam - Included with your VSP Insurance is the TruHearing Hearing Aid Discount Program - VSP members, dependents, and even extended family members are eligible for discounts on Hearing Aides and even Batteries. The relationship between VSP and TruHearing is not an endorsement but that of independent contractors. Here is how it works:
- Members call (877) 396-7194 and mention VSP (VSP ID number is your social security #)
- Schedule your exam with a local provider
- The provider will preform a hearing exam, make a recommendation, order the hearing aides through TruHearing, and have them fitted.
PENSION BENEFITS - Access your pension account online by visiting the Member Benefit Online System (MBOS), registration is required. See your building Benefits Rep for information.
- Rutgers Behavioral Health - for members only.
(732) 235-5930 or (24 hour crisis) 1-(866) 327-8242
You will need to identify yourself as an NJEA Member to access services under the NJEA Member Assistance Referral Program (MARP)
- Florida House Experience (FHE Health) - Assistance available for members and dependent family members to help remedy unmanageable problems at home, at the workplace, within your family or with important relationships. Completely confidential!
- HealthCare Assistance with Member Support (HCAMS) - Assistance available for members and dependent family members to help remedy unmanageable problems at home, at the workplace, within your family or with important relationships. Completely confidential!