Committee Representatives:Administration Bldg. - Florence Taliercio
Support Operations Facility - Karen Deignan
Bowne Munro - Kathleen Parkinson
Central - Angela Scarpa
Chittick - Haley Meade
Frost - Lindsay Liguori, Jennifer Swiatkowski
Irwin - Marianne Tidwell
Lawrence Brook - Rebecca Weizman
Memorial - Jessica Raab, Christina Thomas, Taylor Venice-Lacko
Warnsdorfer - Rachel Solomon
Hammarskjold - Shari Hewes
Churchill - Christine Smutko, Nadine Murray
High School - Valerie Alimonti
Educational Support Professionals - Mariana Helmold
Meetings: quarterly (more frequent if needed)
PRIDE participants can easily be spotted by their EBEA red PRIDE polo shirt they receive for helping the Association show PRIDE! The committee welcomes feedback and suggestions from all EBEA members.
Throughout the school year, the PRIDE Committee (Partnerships Result in Dynamic Education) will continue to build positive relationships with the East Brunswick community through a variety of school/community-wide events.
PRIDE events held in the past included:
- The distribution of brochures on Back-To-School Nights as a way to “introduce” the many members of our Association to parents.
- “Learning Across the District” where staff members and students attend Board of Education meetings to showcase the great things happening in our buildings everyday. If you would like to have your students show their PRIDE at a BOE meeting please see your building PRIDE representative.
- Our EBEA Bear Necessities Clothing Den which continues to supply clothing to the students in the district in need.
- "Together We Laugh" at the Stress Factory in New Brunswick was open to all community members and was a huge success. We are looking to continue a charity based event like this again.
FAST grant ideas - the goal of FAST grants is to support parent and family involvement in their children’s education, to enhance student academic progress, and to ensure that families feel welcome and connected to our schools, here are a few ideas:
- Math Night
- ILA Night
- Family Consumer Science Cookoff
- How to Learn at Home with.... (great for students with need)
Grants supply items such as:
- Items to hold your in-person or virtual event like math materials, books, ingredients and recipe cards, etc.
- Food and beverage (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack)
- $100 toward a raffle basket
- promotional giveaway
- and so much more...
The PRIDE Committee is always looking for new ideas and new people to get involved!! PRIDE provides excellent opportunities for the community to get to know staff members on a more personal level, beyond what we do in our buildings every day. (And, PRIDE events are a great way to demonstrate community involvement for Danielson’s Domain 4!)
If you have an idea for a PRIDE event, or would like more information and/or would like to become part of this very active and exciting EBEA Committee please contact one of our PRIDE Committee members above or one of our Chairperson Lindsay Liguori or JoAnn Peterson.
NJEA PRIDE In Public Education supports programs through local and county associations as part of a campaign aimed at sharing the successes of New Jersey’s public schools and building community support for and involvement in them.