Committee Representatives:Bowne Munro - available
Central - available
Chittick - available
Frost - available
Irwin - available
Lawrence Brook - available
Memorial - available
Warnsdorfer - available
Hammarskjold - available
Churchill - available
High School - available
Meetings: monthly (or on an as needed basis). See the EBEA calendar on the home page for meeting dates.
Who are the Evaluation Advisory Council?
We are a group of your fellow educators who meet monthly to compile and analyze data from teacher observations. With your cooperation in entering your evaluation data into our EBEA Evaluation Database we hope to identify trends and share our analysis with you. We will use this data to make sure all members are being evaluated fairly, and to determine future professional development topics.
Thank you to everyone that has supported our cause by submitting your evaluations! Keep the data coming!
The second round of observations is already underway, so hopefully you have already shared your first evaluation with us. We have simplified our database entry for your convenience. Click on the EBEA Evaluation Database link below to get started. Our work is done without judgment of individuals; it’s about identifying specific observation trends in order to help you prepare for your next evaluation.
Remember, EBEA encourages everyone to write a response to every evaluation! Since this can be a daunting task, we are working to create a pool of sample responses to assist you. These will eventually be available online, but for now don’t hesitate to ask one of us for help if you need it.
If you have questions (or would like to represent a school that is not listed), please contact the Evaluation Advisor Council Chair at EBEA.EAC@gmail.com or the EBEA office directly (EBEA575@hotmail.com) and we will try to help in any way possible. But remember, you also need to be proactive and help yourself! And don't forget to check out our periodical EAC NewsBriefs!
- Stay alert to any changes in the current evaluation process or the evaluation tools in your school. Report any changes to your building rep.
- Keep good records including but not limited to:
a. your students
b. your work with students
c. examples of students work and achievements
d. how students meet core curriculum standards
e. your professional development plan
- Fill out the "Observation Log" sheet as soon as possible after every observation. Teacher Evaluation Resource Guide (pdf)
- Maintain a personal file in a secure location (outside of school) with all documents related to your employment - including licensing, contracts, evaluations, memos, etc.
- Pay attention to evaluation developments locally and statewide.
- Check for updates regularly on the evaluation process in NJEA publications and on their website.
- Do not relay any information about other members to administrators, principals, supervisors - good or bad - unless criminal activity is observed. This applies to mentors, buddy teachers, members engaged in PLCs, members in the same bargaining unit, members having supervisory/administrative credentials but not hired as district supervisors/administrators.
- Speak to your building rep or call the EBEA office to discuss any concerns about your observation or summary evaluation.
2020-2021 Virtual Instruction Observations
Staff will use the “portfolio process” for evaluation until February 4, 2021. If a school needs to go virtual at any point, we will go directly back to the portfolio process.
Preparing For Your Annual Summative Evaluation (PowerPoint)
EBEA Teacher Evaluation Portfolio Inserts
EBEA Evaluation Database
Click on the above link and fill out the form completely for EACH observation. Type the comments from your observation form for each Domain.
REMEMBER, your information is being placed on a secure site and will remain confidential.
NJEA REVIEW featurs EBEA!
Interviews with President Dana Zimbicki and 2014 Teacher Evaluation Advisory Team Chair Diane Heilman. Check out the November Review article "Different Paths to Advocacy"
This article is based on the EBEA Evaluate "IT" workshop and portfolio attendees receive for attending the workshop.