Member Benefit Online System (MBOS)
Since the inception of the Division of Pensions and Benefits Member Benefit Online System (MBOS), TPAF and PERS members were encouraged to register for online access to their personal benefits account. While many of our members are now registered MBOS users, others are not.
In order to view your pension account information, to apply for a pension loan, to designate your beneficiary, to purchase service credit, and to apply for retirement, you must do so through MBOS for those in TPAF (Teachers’ Pension & Annuity Fund) for our certificated members, or PERS (Public Employee’s Retirement System) for our Educational Support Professionals.
The following information is provided to assist our members in using or registering for the member benefit online system:
- Registered MBOS User - for help logging in follow the instruction under the link “Log On Instructions for Registered Users”. If you forgot your Log On ID or Password the “LOG ON HERE” link will bring you to additional links to retrieve your ID or password.
- First Time MBOS User - you must register with both MBOS and the myNewJersey web site. Registration is free but requires several steps. Registration instructions are provided for you using the link “REGISTER FOR MBOS” provided at the Division of Pensions and Benefits website.
- You will need your Pension ID#. If you do not know your ID#, you can call the EBPS Payroll Dept. at (732) 613-6758 to obtain it.
- When registering, only use a PERSONAL email address as you will not have access to your district email account after retirement.
- If you have difficulty registering for MBOS or using MBOS, call the MBOS Automated Help Line at (609) 777-0534. Calls can also be made to the Division of Pensions and Benefits at (609) 292-7524, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
MBOS Video Library - The NJDPB provides helpful videos to assist account holders with things like Solving MBOS Login Issues, How to Run a Retirement Estimate for PERS and TPAF Members, Applying for a Pension Loan, Understanding Your Personal Benefits Statement, etc.
Webinars & Seminars for Members - The NJDPB provides seminars and webinars of interest to members at all stages of their careers. Topics include Retirement Planning, PERS/TPAF Retirement Estimates, PERS/TPAF Pension Options, Submitting an MBOS Retirement Application, and Understanding your Pension Benefits.
Defined Contribution Retirement Program (DCRP)
Employees who do not work the minimum required hours (32 hours) but who earn a base salary of at least $5,000 are eligible for participation in the Defined Contribution Retirement Program (DCRP) a subsidiary of Prudential Financial (as of 4/1/22 Prudential Retirement was acquired by Empower), should register to access their account using the below link.
Not sure if you are eligible for DCRP? Check out Fact Sheet #82. If you have any questions, call the payroll dept. or the EBEA office.
DCRP Seminars - Seminars exclusively about the Defined Contribution Retirement Program (DCRP). These sessions provides information about DCRP eligibility, contributions rates, investment funds that are available within the DCRP, the Goalmaker investment allocation tool, withdrawals, and the overall rules of the plan. You will also take a look at Empower’s DCRP website and how to process all changes such as adding a beneficiary and processing a withdrawal online. Sessions are approximately 45 minutes in duration and conclude with a Q&A period.
This webinar is offered several times. Select the date and time that works best for you.